Tech Tip: Westinghouse 24 inch LED LD-2480 Comcast Remote Control Codes

Westinghouse LD-2480

So about a week or so ago I purchased a Westinghouse 24 inch 1080P LED TV for my bedroom. The TV is probably the lightest and thinnest TV I’ve ever owned. The picture so far has been great and setup with my HD Comcast DVR was pretty much seamless.

One issue I did run into was I couldn’t figure out how to control the volume for TV using the Comcast remote. Comcast has a page on their site with a tool to help you find the proper codes for your TV, but unfortunately it’s complete horse shit.

After about 30 minutes of using their crappy tool, trying numerous other sites with other Westinghouse remote codes, I happen to run across a page that suggested the Comcast tool on their site was outdated and sucked (which it did), and that I should try using the tool, but instead suggested using Samsung as my TV manufacturer… Voila. First code worked perfectly.

I imagine others that bought this TV or a similar Westinghouse have also run into this problem, so I thought I’d add a tip here and run you through the steps.

Locating Your Comcast Remote Control Codes

1. Go to Comcast’s Remote Codes tool.

2. Select your current remote.

3. Select your current device. (TV in this case)

4. Select your brand. (Instead of typing Westinghouse, type Samsung)

You will now see a list of codes to try and one suggested code. The suggested code worked perfectly for me in this case with a Westinghouse LD-2480.

Most likely code: 10812
Others to try: 10060, 10702, 10766, 11903, 11060, 10587, 10814, 10650, 10178, 10030, 10386, 10842, 11993, 11755

Now that you’ve found the proper code to program your Comcast remote, you need to follow these steps.

Programming your Comcast Remote

1. Turn on the TV or other device that you would like to program.

2. Press the TV button on your remote control.
NOTE: If you would like to program your remote control to work with a DVD Player, VCR or Audio device press the AUX button.

3. Press and hold Setup until the red light blinks twice, then release Setup.

4. Enter the first code for your device listed above. If you perform this procedure correctly, the red light will blink twice.
NOTE: If you enter an invalid code, the red light will display one long blink and exit the programming mode. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with a valid code.

5. Aim the remote control at your device and press Power once (press the Play key for devices that don’t have a POWER button). If the TV turns off, make sure that the VOL+/- and Mute buttons also work. If so, you’re all set!

6. If not, repeat these steps using the next manufacturer’s code (you may need to try several codes to find the one that works).

Hope this helps. Any questions, let me know in the comments below.

Comments

1. Jake M says

Hey Brian,

Just a quick note to thank you for this post! I had the same issue with the crappy Comcast remote documentation… 10812 worked like a charm. Appreciate your posting the solution!

2. Evelyn v. says

Omg thank you so much got the tip! I was going crazy cuz I couldn't program my control with my tv. I have direct tv and I thought it wouldn't work but still gave it a try and ”Voila” is right!!!! It worked..

3. Ashley says

Thank you so much for posting this! I just bought the same TV today and the Comcast site doesn't list the correct code. You're a lifesaver.

4. Michael S says

Thanks Bryan! Bought the same TV for my bedroom and the insight cable guy said the Westinghouse codes wouldn't work and I would have to use two different remotes. Thanks so much!!

5. says

Westinghouse 24 inch 1080P LED TV for bedroom entertainment is just great. I own this LED TV and for game playing I used my TV a lot. It's really enormous experience for me and glad to see you're enjoying as well. Thanks.

• says

You're welcome, Roger. Glad it worked for you. It's maddening that they don't just list the common codes on their site. There's only a handful of major cable companies in the US so it shouldn't be that difficult.

6. Kelleigh says

This doesn't just work for Comcast, it works for other cable providers as well, and other Universal remotes! :) Thank you for your helpful article, Brian. The 1st code I tried worked. (0305)

7. Bridget says

Just used code (0812) on a Time Warner Cable remote model # (1056B03) for a Westinhouse TV model # (LD-2480).

Thanks for the recommendation :)

8. Dee says

Not having any luck…. we have the new Genie with Direct TV. Tried both brands,,,, all codes. No luck!

9. Julia says

Thank you SO much for your help! It actually worked! I'm glad I didn't give up after months of attepting to set up my Directv remote with my Westinghouse tv. I would literally try this once every other time I actually watch tv (which is not very often because I hardly watch tv.) In fact, I don't know why I put so much emphasis on this…it was just really bugging me that none of the codes would work and the Directv website as well as the customer service for both Directv and Westinghouse were of no help whatsoever. I pretty much did it for my family's convinience and my self-esteem and determination. Well, thanks! I wish I could share this code with every other frustrated individual in the world who needs it. (10812 was the one that worked for me). Have a wonderful life, and thanks again for being so helpful and taking the time to do this. Kind rgards, Julia Lozano.

10. Steve says

For those who have Westinghouse 24 TV and directv genie. I solved it. When in program remote under settings choose samsung not Westinghouse. I did that. And first code worked. I got the Samsung idea from comment abive

11. Grateful in Colorado says

You are AMAZING…saved me so much time and drama! Done in 15 seconds with first code you suggest…..bookmarked.

12. Maureen says

You are a life saver! I tried every Westinghouse code on the Comcast list to no avail, so Googled for help and there you were. Your instructions were perfect and everything works great now 10812- that's it. I would have never gone through every TV type/code to get this to work. Thanks for the help.

13. Josh says

Had the Westinghouse LD-2480 TV in a spare room for a YEAR using two remotes until I thought to do a Google search again, you rock!!! 10812 was the trick and it's still not listed on the newest documentation from Comcast. Thank you!!!

14. Kaz says

Just got this tv and had the same problem. Using the first samsung code worked immediately. Glad I found this blog!